Monday, August 25, 2014

Kidlet Sushi

I'm always trying to come with creative lunches for my little guy, Greyson. You know plain old grilled cheeses get boring after a while. So I came up with what I call "Kidlet Sushi". And it's a really great way to get a veggie in your little one. 


Rolled it out with a rolling pin to get it nice and thin and pliable. Smeared it with a thin layer of garden veggie cream cheese. Topped with very thinly sliced tomatoes, you could also use thinly sliced cucumbers or fresh spinach instead of tomatoes. Layered with a thin slice of deli meat. I chose roast beef, but you could use any deli meat. And then I simply rolled it up forming a log shape. Slice into rounds and serve.


Fill your little one up with whole grains, veggies, protein, and calcium in one little roll. And parents this is a fantastic afternoon pick me up snack!





No comments:

Post a Comment