Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pot Roast Nachos


Remember that pot roast I made Sunday? Well as delicious as it was there were left overs...

So I thought, how can I use the leftovers in a new way?

Nachos! 

Leftover pot roast, shredded
Tortilla Chips
Shredded Monterey Cheese
Pico
Lime Sour Cream
Avocado

To make pico finely chop half of a red onion, chop two tomatoes, and chop ½ cup cilantro. Mix and squeeze half a lime over the pico and season with salt to taste.

Lime sour cream is just half a cup of sour cream and juice of one lime. Whisk to combine. Season to taste with kosher salt.

To make the nachos I preheated the oven to 350. Spread tortilla chips on a sheet pan and topped them with the shredded roast and cheese. Put them in the oven to melt cheese. Then I topped the nachos with pico, lime sour cream, and avocado.


Gorgeous fresh pico!


Tangy and tart lime sour cream! You could even put this in a food processor add a jalapeƱo and cilantro and make a nice green sauce. 


Let me tell you these were the best nachos yet! 


No comments:

Post a Comment